So here, we are focusing the task of backing up Blu-ray/DVD movies to QNAP TVS-ECx80U-SAS R2 and TS-ECx80U R2 NAS Series with suitable video format and high quality. Usually, when people backup Blu-ray/DVD, for preserving the lossless quality, they prefer to entire backup Blu-ray/DVD to BDMV/Video-TS folder or directly copy Blu-ray/DVD to M2TS/VOB files with a smaller size than the former way. But although you can store the BDMV/Video-TS folder and M2TS/VOB file on QNAP TVS-ECx80U-SAS R2 and TS-ECx80U R2 NAS Series, you can’t play them via QNAP TVS-ECx80U-SAS R2 and TS-ECx80U R2 NAS Series on your TV, iPad, IPhone. Because those format are not friendly ones.
If you want to stream Blu-ray/DVD movies via QNAP TVS-ECx80U-SAS R2 and TS-ECx80U R2 NAS Series instead of only storing them, you need to use Blu-ray/DVD Ripper <Blu-ray Ripper vs Blu-ray Copier> to backup and convert Blu-ray/DVD to MP4, MOV,etc digital files.
Speaking of Blu-ray/DVD Ripper, people maybe think of Handbrake first. However, most commercial Blu-ray/DVDs are always protected with a scheme called CSS Content Scrambling System to protect the Blu-ray/DVD disc's content from being duplicated by unauthorized parties., which makes impossible for Handbrake to backup Blu-ray/DVD to QNAP TVS-ECx80U-SAS R2 and TS-ECx80U R2 NAS Series.
So a wiser choice is Pavtube ByteCopy for Windows/Mac. It can remove any protection of Blu-ray/DVD movies and convert them to MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI, WMV, H.265, etc to put on QNAP TVS-ECx80U-SAS R2 and TS-ECx80U R2 NAS Series. Especially, it can backup Blu-ray/DVD to lossless MKV with original video quality so you don’t need to worry about the quality loss in Blu-ray/DVD ripping process.
QNAP TVS-ECx80U-SAS R2 and TS-ECx80U R2 NAS Series NAS Models:
Free download and install:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/bytecopy/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-ByteCopy/3000-7970_4-76158512.html
How to Backup Blu-ray/DVD to QNAP TVS-ECx80U-SAS R2 and TS-ECx80U R2 NAS Series NAS?
Step 1: Load Blu-ray/DVD movies
After free download Pavtube ByteCopy on your computer, load DVD/Blu-ray what you want to backup by clicking "Load from Disc". Batch conversion features allows you load multiple Blu-ray/DVD movies.
Step 2: Choose output format
Choose output format in “Format” drop-down list. You can choose any one according to the supported video format of Media Center since QNAP TVS-ECx80U-SAS R2 and TS-ECx80U R2 NAS Series supported wider range of formats. But here “Lossless MKV” is strongly supported for the lossless quality.
Step 3: Start to backup Blu-ray/DVD to QNAP TVS-ECx80U-SAS R2 and TS-ECx80U R2 NAS Series
Specify output folder on your computer to save the output files. Click the "Browse" button to choose the path where you want to save the output files in. Then click “Convert” button to copy Blu-ray/DVD to QNAP TVS-ECx80U-SAS R2 and TS-ECx80U R2 NAS Series.
More features of Pavtube ByteCopy
- Automatically detect Blu-ray/DVD main movie
- Full disc copy Blu-ray/DVD by chapters without quality loss
- Rip/convert/backup BD/DVD to any other format for playback on any iOS/Android/Windows tablets and phones
- Backup BD/DVD to MKV format with multi audio/subtitle tracks and chapter markers without any quality loss.
- Convert BD/DVD to MP4/MOV with multi audio (language) tracks
- Add SRT, ASS, and SSA subtitles to BD/DVD movie
- Edit BD/DVD movies: trim off commercials, crop off black bars, merge several chapters into one, split one movie into several pieces, and more
- Support TrueHD 6.1 and TrueHD 7.1 decoding
- Support latest BD and DVD (BD/DVD/Ultimate/iMedia)