The new LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt External Hard Drive is the perfect solution for DVD collectors to store heavy DVD backups library with security and mobility. With USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt ports, you can fast transfer your DVD rips to devices which have USB 3.0 port. Now, let's how to copy DVD to LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt.
Things for backup DVD to LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt:
To begin with, you need firstly make sure you have the below things prepared for DVD backup.
1. A DVD drive: The must-have thing you need to copy DVD discs to LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt is an internal or external DVD drive.
2. A DVD backup tool: Currently no computer is preset with a dvd drive and DVD backup tool. A DVD Ripper can help you remove DVD copy protection.
3. DVD movie source: Of course, you need to prepare the source DVD movies for backup, a DVD movie disc, DVD movie folder, or even DVDISO image file.
4. Anyplace with at least 30G free space storage: Depending on what you’re about to get, you should make sure there’s enough space.
5. Internet connection: Make sure that your computer is well connected to the Internet as some DVD discs are encrypted while you need to connect the Internet to remove DVD disc protection and back up DVD disc.
Best DVD Copy Tool Recommended
You task can be finished with ease if you have downloaded and installed Pavtube BDMagic. It is a very handy tool for you to copy and rip both Blu-ray and DVD to LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt. Even those protected DVDs can be easily copied and ripped to LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt or other digital formats you need while maintaining high video quality. It can convert DVD to AVI at fastest speed in excellent quality, also converting DVD to MP4, MPEG, MOV, WMV, FLV, M2TS, TS, iPhone, iPod, iPad, Android, Samsung, HTC, Microsoft, Google, Sony, Nokia, Asus, Acer, etc. Makes perfect 1:1 DVD to DVD folder copy and directly copy DVD to VOB files with 5 minutes only. Constantly update to defeat upcoming DVD copy protections. Mac version is here.
Start to Copy DVD to LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt External Hard Drive
Step 1. Insert DVD Disc to BD drive. Run the best DVD Ripper. Follow “File>> Load from disc…” to import DVD movie to the software. Keep your computer networked- so that the software can handle DVD Ripper protections properly. To import DVD ISO, follow “File>> Load ISO/IFO…”
a. This DVD to MP4 ripper automatically selects the main DVD movie to convert. You can also choose the preferred DVD movie chapters to convert.
b. For users who want to watch the converted DVD movies with desired subtitle and audio, click “Subtitles” and “Audio” option to choose the desired one from the dropdown list.
Step 2. Select MP4 format from "Common Video" or "HD Video"
Step 3. Press the big Convert button to start converting DVD to LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt External Hard Drive in MP4 format.
When conversion completes, press “Open” to find ripped dvd movie and copy the converted DVD movie to LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt External Hard Drive and you're ready now to have DVD enjoyment on PC, TV, etc.
- Play DVD/Blu-ray on PC With Multiple Audio Tracks/Subtitles
- Rip DVD to iPad Air/iPad Air 2 with the Subtitles or Closed Captioning burned on Mac
- Copy DVD to WD My Cloud Pro Series PR2100 for Watching on TV
- Rip 4K Blu-ray to Plex for 4K TV Streaming
- Rip Copy DVD to Computer Stick with Windows/macOS Sierra/El Capitan